Textured Mandala Painting Class
What if you can make your own personal Mandala that will support your creative spirit and bring some calmness and focus into your life?
Mandalas have been an artistic expression of the spiritual journey for decades and if you want to understand, you need to experience!
Take a look into the class:
Classroom opens February 19, 2019
It's self-paced with 180-day access
In this class, you will be guided through the process of creating a textured Mandala painting from start to finish. The process will include making the texture, creating the background, a bit of colour theory and colour blending techniques, information about sketching and designing your own mandala and bringing it all together into one detailed piece of soulful art.
I will guide you every step of the way, sharing tips and techniques to help you on your painting journey.
9 video lessons with additional text script, which cover:
- Getting familiar with materials
- Learn 3 different techniques of making the texture
- How to pick the colours and mastering the blending techniques
- Shortcuts and tips that help you save time with the design
- Sketching and designing your own mandala
- Creating the basic structure
- Defining the details and bringing your work to completion
Share your creations, ask questions and connect with other artists in the Soulful Creations with Anja Facebook Group. You can also use the hashtag #mysoulfulcreations when posting on Instagram.
There are many ways that you can adapt the supply list to your needs or use different materials if preferred.
- a firm, thick canvas stretched on a wooden frame (alternative: cardboard or wooden board)
- acrylic colours by your choice (I use Maimeri, Liquitex, ArtCreation)
- one metallic colour (silver, gold or bronze)
- basic paint brushes (various sizes, bigger for colouring and small, precise ones for detail work)
- water container
- paper or cotton towel
- texture paste (Liquitex, Vallejo or homemade version)
- palette knives
- *additionally tools for making texture patterns
Note: you don't need to fill all the supply list right away. Many students watch the videos first and then decide what they want to include.
Hi! I am Anja,
and I make soulful art in bright, uplifting colours. It excites me the most to present creativity as something that truly nourishes our souls, reflects our beingness and becomes an extension of our unique voice we bring to the world. Join me in this class and let's make some art together!
- Hello! (02:22)
- Materials (03:08)
- Texture making (06:17)
- Colour pick and blending techniques (05:32)
- Creating the background (03:16)
- Sketching, inspiration, shortcuts (05:11)
- Canvas sketching (04:04)
- Blackline structure (06:05)
- Mandala colouring (13:38)
- Details and finishing your art (12:47)
"The blending of the painting was nothing I had seen before. I was in awe of her work once I received it. I wanted to learn this!"
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start?
The classroom will open on 18 February 2019. At this time you will be able to view all content.
For my email list, all the classes are available a bit sooner, usually with a discount.
How to access the class?
The class can is accessible through the "join" button below. You need to sign up to Thinkific teaching platform, where you can enroll in the class.
How long do I have access to the course?
The course comes with 180-day access.
Do I need to be a skilled artist to do this?
The class is suitable for anyone with an interest in making art, from beginners to more experienced artists.
Do I need all the supplies listed?
No, you can work with what you already have and adjust the art process. Some people watch the class first and then decide which materials they want to include. There is no right or wrong way. Pick what suits you.
Can I share my work online for this course?
Use a hashtag #mysoulfulcreations that can be used on Instagram and other social media to connect with me and others to share your creations.
What is the refund policy?
For online content, there are no refunds. I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions about the course prior to signing up.
"My new painting is impressive to me because it is the craft of my hands, all of me, my fusion with creativity and curiosity inside me, my creation, completely naive and unplanned. When I look at it, I feel warmth in my chest, love, I feel me."