I want to introduce you to the method of fractal drawing. This is a specific form of art therapy, based on simple line and colour drawing. You don’t need artistic talent for it, just the joy of creating. The unique feature of this drawing is that it is drawn with closed eyes. With this, we shut down our criticism, we stop drawing the way we were taught in school, we draw from within. Nothing to fear! It’s very easy. If you can hold a pen, then you can draw fractals.
What do I need for this method?
- A4 paper,
- set of at least 24 coloured pencils and
- thin black pen.
How does this method work?
We all have our own handwriting and if we had 10 people to write the same sentence, each would be written differently, with their own expression. It is the same in the fractal drawing. Each person creates their own fractal drawing under the same conditions and with the same instructions. The final piece is actually a “self-portrait” of the person who drew it.
This drawing tells who you are at this moment. Based on this drawing, we start the further drawing process. You draw your own series of fractal drawings through which your portrait is transformed. The goal of drawing is to gradually transform your drawing into something that is more yours, authentic, pleasing and supportive. If you draw small, you learn to draw larger, if you draw large, you learn to draw smaller, if you use the same colours, you learn to include others as well. At the same time, you have fun, develop your creativity, balance your emotions, improve your mental focus and through colouring you also stimulate your motor skills.
“I came across fractal drawing quite by chance when I was taking my daughter to Anja’s presentation workshop. Something in the workshop quietly spoke to me. Not right away, but the idea slowly grew in me a few days before I enrolled in Anja’s correction fractals course. My ideas about what I would gain from the course were limited to improving drawing, getting to know colors… such technical elements that show up in a beautiful drawing. But over time I realized that correction fractals are significantly more than just beautiful drawings. By changing the way the lines we draw on paper, by choosing different colors than we are used to, we bring new dimensions, new opportunities into life, we get to know our frustrations and through this we also overcome our fears. Some changes are almost imperceptible but profound, and some are so unexpected that you still find it hard to believe how this is possible. I personally managed to overcome my fear of the depths of the sea and now I enjoy snorkeling and diving with my children. There are many more of those small changes. With her patience and understanding, Anja creates a pleasant and safe atmosphere where you can open up and create your own fractals without judgment. I highly recommend it!”
Who Invented This Method?
Pedagogue, clinical psychologist and family therapist Tanzilia Polujahtova, who wanted to find a way to reach the human subconscious without trying to control our responses with the mind. In this way, we get to know ourselves better and get access to information that is located deep within us. With the help of colours and lines and gradual changes in drawing, we also change ourselves.
Positive effects of drawing fractal drawings:
- Active relaxation, meditation effect
- Balancing our emotions
- Greater ability to learn, remember
- Greater problem-solving ability
- Improving memory, focus
- Developing creativity and creative thinking
- Strengthening self-confidence, greater inner strength
- Greater self-awareness
- Improving health
- Improvement of anxious, depressive conditions
- Reducing stress
Who is fractal drawing suitable for:
- for everyone who likes to create or wants to develop creativity;
- for everyone who wants to take time for themselves and connect with themselves;
- for everyone who needs a break from everyday worries;
- for everyone who would like to learn something new;
- for everyone who would like to relax and calm down;
- for all of you who have difficulty concentrating and would like to have better focus;
- for everyone who would like to improve motoric skills;
- for everyone who would like to have more energy.
For whom fractal drawing is NOT suitable:
- if you enjoy stress and don’t need relaxation;
- if you will take time for yourself when you are retired and not before;
- if you want to push your creativity further;
- if you think you have to be an artist to create;
- if you like your head thinking and creating worries all the time;
- if you prefer to watch TV or browse social media in the evenings.
“I decided to take the course Introduction to the method of fractal drawing because I was interested in how fractal drawings actually work as therapy. How can drawing and coloring fractals help you, what can it bring you? During the first cycle last year, I immediately noticed that I was calmer, happier, more focused on different things than before. With this method, I also got rid of long-lasting grudges against my friend. In last year’s and this year’s cycle, I changed my attitude towards certain colors, especially now I also like dark colors. I also feel other changes in me that I cannot describe. The course definitely helps each participant to become aware of and perhaps eliminate fears, bad habits and thus become more calm, joyful and grateful for having achieved something for a better life. Anja is a great teacher, calm, who knows how to encourage you when you are sometimes “in crisis”. I heartily recommend it.”
The online course includes:
- 2 lectures of 2 hours, where you learn all the basics of drawing fractals (+2-3 months of independent drawing at home),
- first, you draw 3 diagnostic fractals (as a starting point to see where you are at the moment),
- then you draw 18 correction fractals through which you constantly upgrade and improve your drawings,
- I am your mentor the whole time you are drawing, I accompany you and give you instructions on how to draw, what to correct, improve. I review each drawing and give you instructions for the next one,
- the aim of the course is to create 21 fractal drawings,
- the price of the course is 120 euros (127$) (the course price includes all lectures and mentoring support for a period of 3 months of drawing, additional mentoring after this period amounts to 39 euros/month),
- at the end, you get a certificate of accomplishment.
Are you interested in learning how to make fractal drawings?
Try 2 different ways to make a fractal drawing in a free video presentation. You are free to use both methods as a short relaxation when you have a tough workday or stress at home or you can make some fractal art while sipping your morning coffee 🙂 It can also serve you well to stimulate your creativity and activate your brain when you don’t have enough energy.
Expand yourself and your potential with fractal drawing!